Saturday, March 31, 2012

Life and style / Elisabeth Moss / I tend to fall in love a little bit too easily

 Elisabeth Moss: 'My work is the love of my life.' Photograph: Richard Saker

LIFE AND STYLE

Q&A: Elisabeth Moss

'I tend to fall in love a little bit too easily'

Rosanna Greenstreet
Saturday 31 March 2012 00.10 BST

Elisabeth Moss, 29, was born in California and began acting as a child. Between 1999 and 2006, she played Zoey Bartlet in the television drama The West Wing. In 2007, she was cast as Peggy Olson in the first series of Mad Men, a role for which she has since been nominated for Emmy and Golden Globe awards. In 2008, she made her Broadway debut in Speed-The-Plough, and last year she starred in the West End in The Children's Hour. Mad Men Season 5 airs on Tuesdays on Sky Atlantic.

Elisabeth Moss

When were you happiest? 

Whenever I'm with my mum and brother. We have family dinners every Sunday – it's become quite the tradition.


What is your greatest fear? 

I am lucky enough to have a job I am passionate about, so my greatest fear would be not being able to do that.

What is your earliest memory? 

Going out into the backyard of my home in LA and pretending to build a vegetable garden with sticks and rocks. I must have been five.

Which living person do you most admire? 

This is kind of cheesy, but my mum.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? 

I can be a bit quick to anger.

What is the trait you most deplore in others? 

A lack of a sense of humour.

Property aside, what's the most expensive thing you've bought? 

Vacations.


What makes you unhappy? 

Not getting enough sleep.

What is your most unappealing habit? 

One that I can't tell you about.

To whom would you most like to say sorry, and why? 

To a really good girlfriend with whom I lost touch when I was little. I would love to see her again.

What is your favourite smell? 

Jasmine. I grew up in Los Angeles, in the hills, and there was always jasmine growing, so I love the smell.

What is your favourite word? 

It has always been "coconut".

What is your favourite book? 

Anything by Salinger.

What is your guiltiest pleasure? 

Chocolate, sweets, candy, ice-cream.

What or who is the love of your life? 

My work.

Which living person do you most despise, and why? 

I will not say his name.

What has been your biggest disappointment? 

I don't dwell on disappointments.

If you could go back in time, where would you go? 

I love the art deco period – the jewellery, the clothes, the music – so I would go back to some 1930s jazz club in New York City.

How do you relax? 
I am big fan of getting a box set and watching the entire show in two or three weeks. I am watching The Sopranos at the moment.

What is the closest you've come to death? 

When I was little, I was on a lake and got caught underneath a rowing boat. That was pretty scary.

What song would you like played at your funeral? 

Whatever the person who loves me most wants to hear.

Where would you most like to be right now? 

I am filming a Jane Campion mini-series called Top Of The Lake in New Zealand and I am sitting on a balcony in Queenstown, looking out at a stunning lake with mountains surrounding me. So I don't want to be anywhere but here.

Tell us a secret. 

I tend to fall in love a little bit too easily sometimes.






No comments:

Post a Comment